Vacancy – Writer /Communications Officer
A firm located in the Lekki-Ajah axis of Lagos state with interest in maritime and oil and gas research, publication, advocacy, training and seminars is looking at recruiting an outstanding writer/ reporter/corporate communications officer.
The person will be responsible for contributing to the communication output of the firm. He or she will develop content that fit the company’s vision/objectives and routinely deploy same through/across the firm’s various communication platforms – social-media (E-mails, twitter, Facebook, linkedin, ,instagram), print and electronic (brochures, newsletters, magazine, videos etc ) medium. The individual must be highly analytical with keen interest in social economic and political issues.
- Content development: Actively research and develop articles, follow leads, write independent stories/essays, and conduct interviews with key industry personalities, actively source news from events with the aim of meeting clear targets.
- Actively contribute to the firm’s literature and other corporate communication ( executive bios, corporate newsletter content, social media content, public presentation and speeches)
- Actively network with and pursue media listing from all relevant agencies and orgaisations.
- Actively follow up on industry events and trends.
- Active involvement in the firm’s business development initiatives.
- Work with graphic designer(s), advertisers and other relevant professionals to ensure effective deployment of the firm’s literature.
- Actively source and forward new data.
- Implement the M&P policy and practices; including writing style.
- Assist in implementing the broad media strategy of the firm.
- Assist in identifying new contributors as well as coordinate contributors’ articles.
- Assist management and business units to determine media budget components of projects.
- Provide strong support for media engagement i.e. press releases, media partnership etc.
The candidate must have a minimum of a 2ND class (Upper Division) from a reputable university in any of the following disciplines: Law, Public Relations, Journalism or related area. He/she must have an excellent command of written and spoken English. He or she must be social media savvy, with excellent marketing and interpersonal skills. He/she must be willing to incorporate skills in marketing, journalism, business administration and any other relevant areas. Additional educational qualification and long-term experience is not a prerequisite but will be considered. Applicant should not exceed the age of 26yrs at the time of applying. Residence within the Lekki-Ajah axis may be an advantage.
Resumes and applications should be sent to email@example.com on or before December 5th 17.