Vacancy – Business Development/ Programme Officer
A firm located in the Lekki-Ajah axis of Lagos state with interests in maritime/oil and gas research, publication, advocacy, networking projects and trainings is looking at recruiting an outstanding business development/programme officer preferably with legal background.
The job involves active marketing/business development, roles of a company secretary, compliance monitoring, Policy & Advocacy, Project implementation and administration.
- Active Business development and marketing.
- Proactively identifying avenues for raising the initiative’s brand presence.
- Professional management of clients.
- Project administration, conducting periodic evaluation and reports.
- Continuous market research to identify new opportunities.
- Assist in preparing project proposals, timeframes and schedules.
- Assist in maintaining comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Contribute to the initiative’s communication output.
- Carry out all company secretariat roles.
The person specification
• Proven experience as marketing officer or similar role
• Proven commercial law firm experience.
• Excellent negotiation, communications skills and interpersonal skills.
• Administrative and programming skills.
• Multitasking skills, analytical ability and strong attention to detail. Able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
• BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration, programme management or related field/marketing.
• Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
• A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality.
• Good understanding of market research techniques, statistical and data analysis methods.
• Basic understanding of social media and web analytics.
• Previous experience in cooperating with Project Managers for the delivery of projects.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of project management tools and marketing software (e.g. CRM).
The candidate must have a minimum of a 2ND class (Upper Division) from a reputable university preferably in law but alternatively in any of the following disciplines: Law, Public Relations, Journalism or related area. He/she must have an excellent command of written and spoken English. He or she must be social media savvy, with excellent marketing and interpersonal skills. He/she must be willing to incorporate skills in Law practice, marketing, business administration and other relevant areas. Additional educational qualification and long-term experience is not a prerequisite but will be considered. Applicant should not exceed the age of 26yrs at the time of applying. Residence within the Lekki-Ajah axis may be an advantage.
Resumes and applications should be sent to email@example.com on or before December 5th 2017